SAFEWAY TWITTER OPEN NATURE SWEEPSTAKES
JUNE 8, 2011 THROUGH JUNE 10, 2011
OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. To enter the Safeway Inc. (“Safeway”) Twitter Open Nature Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”), each entrant must be a legal resident of the U.S., residing in the San Francisco Bay Area. Without limiting the foregoing, this Sweepstakes is void where prohibited. To be eligible, entrants must also be eighteen (18) years of age or older as of time of entry.
2. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins on June 8, 2011 at 9:01 AM PDT and ends on June 10, 2011 at Midnight PDT
(the “Sweepstakes Period”), after which time the Sweepstakes will be closed and
no further entries shall be accepted. Sponsor’s computer is the official time
keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
3. HOW TO ENTER: To enter, a participant must become a Safeway Follower and accept Safeway tweets as a follower and retweet the phrase “World’s Longest Picnic Table” with the hashtag #OpenNature or #LargestPicnic in a message. The mutual following is suggested to facilitate awarding of the prize. If you do not have a Twitter account, and you would like to create one, visit www.Twitter.com. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to set up the Twitter account will be deemed to be the entrant. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder of the email address/Twitter account associated with the entry. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable network server or other connection; miscommunications; failed phone or computer or telephone transmissions; technical failure; jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions; late, lost, incomplete, delayed, or misdirected entries; or other error of any kind whether human, mechanical, or electronic. CAUTION: Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site, or undermine the legitimate operations of the Sweepstakes, is a violation of the criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such participant to the fullest extent permitted by law and to disqualify such participant from the Sweepstakes. In the event the Sweepstakes is compromised by virus, bug, unauthorized human intervention, or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor (defined below) that corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness, or proper play of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend or terminate the Sweepstakes and award prizes from all eligible entries/Tweets received prior to cancellation. Any user who, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, posts profanity, pornography or other objectionable content on Twitter may be removed by Sponsor from being a Safeway Tweets Follower and from participating in the Sweepstakes. Limit one entry per person/Twitter ID.
4. LIMIT: Each person eligible to enter the Sweepstakes may make only one entry during the Sweepstakes Period. In the event that more than one entry is made by any one eligible person during the Sweepstakes Period, the first entry received and processed by the Sponsor will be considered the only valid entry that day.
Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same account. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple or different email addresses, identities, registrations, logins, accounts or any other methods will void that person’s entries and that person may be disqualified. Sponsor expressly reserves the right to disqualify any entry, in its sole discretion, that appears to have been generated by a so-called “spam” or automated email program or via scripts and automated submission.
5. PRIZES: Twenty (20) prizes of a $50 Safeway Gift card and two VIP Invites for winner and a guest to the Safeway World’s Longest Picnic Table event (“Event”) on June 18th at the Marina Green in San Francisco, CA. Event starts at 12:00 PM PDT and ends at 2:00 PM PDT. There is no retail value associated with the Event portion of prize. Winner must supply their own transportation to and from the Event. Gift card subject to restrictions and an expiration date may apply. Total value of all Prizes is One thousand dollars ($1,000). Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater monetary value or cash value for any prize. If the Event is cancelled for any reason this portion of the prize will not be awarded and no additional compensation will be provided to winners beyond the $50 Gift Card.
All prizes will be awarded provided the number of eligible entries received equals or exceeds the number of prizes. Prizes may not be transferred, assigned, substituted or redeemed for cash except in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
6. WINNERS: Winners will be selected on or about June 13, 2011 from all eligible entries received throughout the Sweepstakes Period. Winners will be selected in a random drawing conducted by Context Optional from all eligible entries received. The decision of the judges will be final and binding on all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winners will be notified by direct message on Twitter and confirmed by email. If a winner cannot be reached by direct message within 7 days of first notification attempt, an alternate winner may be selected. Winners will be added to the Event guest list, so there will be no additional notification once winner is confirmed via email. Safeway Gift Card will be sent via mail within 7 days after winner selection. Odds of winning will be determined by the total number of eligible entries received throughout the Sweepstakes Period. If any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, such prize will be forfeited, and an alternate winner will be selected, time permitting. All applicable federal, state and local taxes on the prize are the sole responsibility of each winner. Limit one (1) prize per person/family/household. All other costs not specifically stated herein as being awarded are the responsibility of the winner.
7. ELIGIBILITY: VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. The Sweepstakes is only open to legal residents of the U.S., residing in the San Francisco Bay Area. To be eligible, entrants must also be eighteen (18) years of age or older as of time of entry. Employees of the Sponsor, the Sponsor Affiliates or any members of their immediate family (spouse, mother, father, sister, brother, daughter or son, “steps”, or grandchildren of each regardless of where they live) or members of the households of such employees and directors (whether or not related) are not eligible. This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited or restricted by law and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. By entering, you agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects
8. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: THE FOLLOWING TERMS & CONDITIONS APPLY: Sponsor is not responsible for injury or damage to participants or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading or copying materials from or use of the website. IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSOR OR SPONSOR AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES AND RELATED COMPANIES, THEIR ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE WEBSITE OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SAID SITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THIS SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OR LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
9. Entrants, by their participation, and winners, in accepting their prizes, agree to indemnify and hold harmless and waive any and all claims of liability of any kind whatsoever against the Sponsor and/or Sponsor Affiliates, including, but not limited to, damages, claims or causes of action of any kind whatsoever (however named or described) for injuries, loss or damage to person(s), including death, and property, or rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light which may arise with respect to participation in any Sweepstakes related activity. By accepting prize, where permitted by law, winners grant to Sponsor, and those acting pursuant to Sponsor’s authority, the right to use and publish his/her name, portrait, picture, voice and likeness for advertising, trade and Sweepstakes purposes without additional consideration, worldwide, and on the World Wide Web, without prior notification, review or approval.
Neither the Sponsor nor the Sponsor Affiliates make any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the use of any prize including, without limitation, quality, merchantability, and fitness for a particular purpose. Further the Sponsor and Sponsor Affiliates shall accept no responsibility for any additional expenses, omissions, delays, re-routing or acts of any government or authority.
10. All actions arising pursuant to this Sweepstakes will be brought in the federal and state courts residing in Alameda County, California, and this Sweepstakes will be governed, in all respects by the internal laws of the State of California without regard to its conflict of law rules.
11. WINNERS’ LIST: For the winners’ names, send a self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt by September 13, 2011 to: Safeway Facebook Open Nature Sweepstakes Winners List, PO Box 889, Monrovia, CA 91017.
12. Sponsor: Safeway, 5918 Stoneridge Mall Road, Pleasanton, CA 94588.